Tips

Click on the Game Pictures to see more game details.

Most Recently Played Games

Find out more games I played in the last 30 days.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Table Game Complex 2006 - Day 2

This is the day 2 of the event today. I attended the event with Pong. The attendees were of older age group than those yesterday. More seconardary school students participated, particularly the Gundam and Yu-Gi-Oh TCGs (tradable card games) competitions. There were also more visitors on Saturday today as opposed a weekday yesterday.

Mabel (my friend who is running a responsible local magazine for kids) visited me today. She planned to listen to my seminar today. However, the seminar was cancelled due to the same reason as yesterday. I then guided her to visit every booth and answered her questions about various games. She also got a chance to play a light game Galloping Pigs. Besides she also witnessed a rather young kid (11 years old) who won several games on Coda (a very good mind game) against other older players (about 20 years old). After that, Mabel requested to have a look about the materials I prepared for the presentation. It gave me a chance to host a private seminar for her. Charles (the organizer) also joined to listen to it. There were far too more materials than I would suppose to talk in the seminar. I was planning to selective skip something which audience might find less interested. At last, I spent two hours something to go through all the materials. Mabel seemed to be well fed. She was enlighted about games with new viewpoints, and suggested that the materials should be good enough to fill a book. COOL, I may be able to be a book author, which have been my dream since my studenthood.


Galloping Pigs
Coda
Bug Bluff
Easy Come, Easy Go


After the long private presentation, it almost reached the closing hour for the event. I could see that some visitors (including girls, yeah) were drawn to play games at our booth. Pong told me that the visitors quite enjoyed our light games, particularly Bug Bluff and Coda. The silly simplistic dice game, "Easy Come, Easy Go", was quite successful too. It drew good crow to have an enjoyable game play. Do not under-estimate the power of silly-bearing games.

Though there were about 200-300 visitors throughout the two-day event, it was not a success generally due to the short of attractive event items, the arrangement and promotion. On the other hand, it was definitely a good attempt to host an event at this scale. If more event tracks and highlights would be incorporated, it should offer better experience. Hope that they will consider running it again the next year, and make a bigger success. If so, I will try to provide them more advice on how to improve it. Good Luck.

No comments:

Blog More: Tonysaurus (東尼傻龍)

Blog More: Satori Birdie (悟鳥)

Blog More: yNOT Square (何不坊)