Tips

Click on the Game Pictures to see more game details.

Most Recently Played Games

Find out more games I played in the last 30 days.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Table Game Complex 2006 - Day 1External Link

Table Game Complex is an organization found by a group of gamers who were students graduated in the PolyU in Hong Kong. I acquainted them in the 4-th quarter this year. It was a bit excited to hear their project on holding a game fair by the end of this year. I keep having such ambition to found a similar game convention in Hong Kong, one day. However, I am uncomfortable with my ability yet. It will take me 5 or 10 more years to go before I can realize a good timing and a good plan to execute it.

This 2-day game fair is named as Table Game Complex 2006 and started on 29 December. There are some CCG (collectible card games) tournaments and game demostrations. I was invited to participate the event to deliver speeches about games, and to do demostrations on some good approachable games.

I have spent many hours working overnight last night to prepare materials for my presentation. But I was a bit disappointed by the poor attendence and the unexpectedly young age group, and therefore got to cancell my seminar. Instead, I have introduced and hosted several games which were new to other gamers (To find out which games I introduced, you may visit my BGG profile and to check out the record of games played on this day). These games are usualy very easily to be picked up by any players, and are more fun to make it addictive. There are strategic options found in these games but never overloaded. All and all, these games can often draw crowds to watch the progress, because of their visual appearance or the noise from playing them. Generally, I would say these games are usually better for drawing laymen to games than those highly rated strategic games.

This is my site report of this event on day 1.

No comments:

Blog More: Tonysaurus (東尼傻龍)

Blog More: Satori Birdie (悟鳥)

Blog More: yNOT Square (何不坊)