Tips

Click on the Game Pictures to see more game details.

Most Recently Played Games

Find out more games I played in the last 30 days.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Most Significant Games Since 1800External Link

Erik Arneson, the editor of Board and Card Games at About.com, recently compiled his own list of the 50 most historically and culturally significant games published since 1800. The list arose a hot debate among modern boardgamers, because most of them have a very green experience. I have played games for more than 15 years since my childhood. I enjoy a rather diverse range of games and therefore I can share similar viewpoints as Erik. I pretty agree to his list, in particular, talking about cultural impacts.

Among the 50 games, I know well 80%+ of them, and have owned or played 50%+ of them. I am a bit proud to say that it would not be easy find another Hong Kong people who can share the similar diverse exposure.

These games are not necessarily to be great games or best selling ones. However, they did help shaping up the gaming culture. If you are interested in any of these games or want to learn why they are considered significant in history, I am pleased to give you more details.

No comments:

Blog More: Tonysaurus (東尼傻龍)

Blog More: Satori Birdie (悟鳥)

Blog More: yNOT Square (何不坊)